Friday, August 12, 2005

Foresight Linux

Foresight Linux: "Features"
* Beagle :: Search tool that ransacks your personal information space to find whatever you're looking for.
* f-spot :: Personal photo management.
* Howl :: Cross-platform implementation of Zeroconf networking
* Hal :: Hardware abstraction layer that makes hardware just work.
* Conary :: A new way of looking at package management.
* Oversite :: Web based systems management.
* GNOME-Office :: Suite of Productivity Applications
* Mono :: .NET implementation for Linux


Contains MonoDevelop for Creating Gnome programs in C#

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried Foresight Linux a while ago but it has one main problem - packages. There is no way to convert RPMs or Debian Packages to the Conary Package format. How do you install OpenOffice.org 2 Beta?

Test said...

Yes, I had trouble with "Conary" too.I like the idea, and I am watching the distro, but I am really enjoying Ubuntu.