Monday, February 23, 2009

Some of my Favorite Computer Quotes

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone.” - Bjarne Stroustrup

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.” - Mitch Ratcliffe

“There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.” -C.A.R. Hoare
   
“The Web is like a dominatrix.  Everywhere I turn, I see little buttons ordering me to Submit.”
(Nytwind)

“Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and Usenet is nothing like Shakespeare.”
(Blair Houghton)

“Any fool can use a computer.  Many do.”
(Ted Nelson) 

“Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots.  So far the Universe is winning.”
(Rich Cook) 

 “If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.”
(Robert Sewell) 

“We will never become a truly paper-less society until the Palm Pilot folks come out with WipeMe 1.0.”
(Andy Pierson)

 “A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.”
– Emo Philips

“Passwords are like underwear: you don’t let people see it, you should change it very often, and you shouldn’t share it with strangers.”
– Chris Pirillo 

No comments: